Saturday, February 4, 2012

What's Your Focus?

Lately I've been trying really hard to focus on having a positive attitude. I feel like I'm doing okay, but sometimes I just get into such a negative rut. I saw this on Kelle Hampton's blog the other day and it made me really stop and think:

There is reason for everyone to be unhappy. There is reason for everyone to be happy. What's your focus?

I have a million reasons to be happy.
I have the best, most supportive, understanding, funny, and hot husband. He is the greatest.
I have brand new little nephew. I got to go see him the day he was born and feel his sweet little newborn spirit.
I have an incredible opportunity to work with kids dealing with substance abuse issues, and I get to watch Lucas be the best role model for them.
I have a testimony. I have faith in Jesus Christ and knowledge of the restored gospel. I have the scriptures and personal revelation and the Holy Ghost.

Friedrich Nietzsche said, “To live is to suffer; to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.”

I'm finding some meaning in my suffering. I'm growing closer to the Lord, and I'm learning a lot about myself. I have thought about what my trials would be like without Lucas and I can't even imagine going through life without him. I'm lucky.

PS Here is the boy:

3 comments:

ydnew.nesral said...

Hey! Thanks for posting this... I feel like I've been in a pretty negative rut lately myself! It's good to be reminded that I definitely have so many reasons to be happy (even though there are the reasons to be unhappy as well). =) I needed the reminder.

Brandon & Jillyn Larsen said...

I've been SUPER negative lately and I really don't have a reason to. I hate getting stuck in ruts. Maybe you and I need to get out more eh?! I miss you guys. Hang in there. Trials suck, but lets be honest, we learn from them :-)

julieb said...

oh my gosh mindy,he is beautiful.How lucky are we to have the gospel?? can you imagine life with out it? I was talking about you the other day, and saying how you are one of the strongest people I know. It is a quality I have always admired in you, and something that is probably helping you guys pull through. I really love you guys, and a so so glad you married lucas, he is the best and the funniest. He treats you soooo good! Your still in our prayers!! love you!