Monday, January 2, 2012

thank you.

First of all, thank you thank you thank you for your kind messages and words of encouragement. We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends, neighbors, and family. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers, we have definitely felt it.

Secondly, I wanted to document my 2012 goals. Here are mine from last year: 2011 goals. I succeeded with about half of those.... Here are my new ones (with some repeats):

Improve my personal spirituality. I need to do better at my personal morning prayers, my individual scripture study (hooray for the B of M in Gospel Doctrine this year!), and my personal relationship with my Father in Heaven.

Family Home Evening. We never do it because it's just the two of us, and that's ridiculous. We have plenty of opportunities to improve ourselves and our relationship and why shouldn't we get in the Monday night habit? (I say as I blog this from work on a Monday night....)

More house projects. We did some work on the house, but there's still a long way to go. We will definitely be doing some outside projects this spring, including a garden (fingers crossed), and a fence around the yard. Chickens and bees may have to wait until our next house ...

Uggg - will obviously lose 20 lbs. I want to get in great shape, and hopefully run another half marathon this Spring or Summer. The fire department boys are doing the Timp Trail at the end of May .... wouldn't that be fun? Of course this goal also includes eating healthy, eating at home, and drinking more water :)

Finally, win the HGTV dream home. Have you seen this thing?! It's in Midway. That's right, a short 25 minutes from my very own house. Lucas and I drove up there the other night and spent the whole trip back planning our rich, awesome future. The grand prize also includes a GMC Terrain SUV and $500,000. Here is some of the awesomeness:








All pictures courtesy of HGTV. I might be slightly obsessed. But it was fun day dreaming with my darling husband about what kind of parties we would throw and how awesome our holiday decorations would be and what we would do with half a million dollars ... I think our odds are about 1 in a billion, even though I enter twice a day.

3 comments:

Christian and Kennebec Vial said...

Ummm that house is amazing. I be dreaming up some good a rich life too!

bladenfamily said...

We'll come visit you at your new house. And why don't we sign up for a race this summer or fall. If we sign up now we have to get in shape. I have 60 pounds to lose so you are far closer than me!!!
love you.

La Belle Dame Sans Merci said...

Don't forget your resolution to hang out with me, too. I'll add that to the list for you.