Sunday, April 4, 2010

easter

I love Easter. I love it for the carmel Cadburry eggs and peeps, for the fake plastic grass that goes in Easter baskets. But mostly I love the reason for Easter. Here is a lovely article from President Hinckley. It's from 1996, right after he became the President of the Church. He talks about building a huge conference center someday ... I love that we have one now, an awesome one.


In the article he mentions one of my favorite hymns: I Stand All Amazed.

I stand all amazed at the love Jesus offers me,
Confused at the grace that so fully he proffers me.
I tremble to know that for me he was crucified,
That for me, a sinner, he suffered, he bled and died.
Oh, it is wonderful that he should care for me
Enough to die for me!
Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me!

(“I Stand All Amazed,” Hymns, no. 193)

I'm so grateful for the Gospel and the knowledge that Jesus Christ lives and that we too have the opportunity for resurrection. And I'm so grateful for the chance to celebrate with such a wonderful holiday, plus conference this year!

1 comment:

bladenfamily said...

Yay. I love EAster. Cute kitchen pictures. I missed that one somehow.