We started with the floor in the front room, bedroom, and hallway. The house was built in 1957 and came with sweet original hardwood ... it was just under several layers (carpet, carpet pad, linoleum [circa 1972], particle board, and TAR paper). So one day we started to rip things up.
We pulled up so much crap, and heat-gunned the glue off. Then
Then we stained the wood and put on a lot of polyurethane. A lot. Meanwhile, our furniture was in a storage unit and our poor boys had no place to watch TV. Sad.
But now it looks awesome! And the TV is plugged back in. And I feel like I live in a new house. I just love it.
And a special thanks to my mom, who got the "house flipping bug". The bathroom's next.