Thursday, May 5, 2011

renovation

The house remodel has begun. I guess we're not remodeling the whole house, but we do have a few exciting projects lined up (sprinkler system, more painting, more floors, etc if anyone is interested).
We started with the floor in the front room, bedroom, and hallway. The house was built in 1957 and came with sweet original hardwood ... it was just under several layers (carpet, carpet pad, linoleum [circa 1972], particle board, and TAR paper). So one day we started to rip things up.





We pulled up so much crap, and heat-gunned the glue off. Then we my dad sanded for like 9 hours one day ... it was really dusty. Thanks Dad.




Then we stained the wood and put on a lot of polyurethane. A lot. Meanwhile, our furniture was in a storage unit and our poor boys had no place to watch TV. Sad.


But now it looks awesome! And the TV is plugged back in. And I feel like I live in a new house. I just love it.



And a special thanks to my mom, who got the "house flipping bug". The bathroom's next.

4 comments:

bladenfamily said...

Mind! It looks awesome! Way to go.
I have a few more baby things if you need them. Let me know what you're looking for. Bouncer? high chair? I think I'll just bring all my baby stuff down to you.

Bekah said...

I love hardwood floors! It looks beautiful!

P.s. baby things...?

Ratfink said...

I love it... LOVE it!!!!

julieb said...

wow, the floor looks soooo good!