Sunday, May 13, 2012

my summer reading list

I love to read. Sometimes I feel like I'm too busy to read books, even though I know that's crazy. Here are some that I'm putting on my list for this summer:

Expecting Adam - Martha Beck (started, loving it)

To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee (maybe my all-time favorite book)

East of Eden - John Steinbeck (another re-read. love it)

Rob Roy - Sir Walter Scott (I want to read more old books)

Farm Anatomy - Julie Rothman

How Could You Do That?! - Dr Laura (love her)

A Year Down Yonder - Richard Peck (I've been wanting to read this forever)

A Place of My Own: The Education of an Amateur Builder - Michael Pollan

and

A Place of My Own: The Architecture of Daydreams - Michael Pollan

The Story of Lucy Gault – William Trevor (1920's Ireland)

Crash - JG Ballard (maybe)

Persuasion - Jane Austen

+

What am I missing? Any must-read recommendations?

2 comments:

Pashlee said...

The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho

bladenfamily said...

Thanks for the list. I never know what to read. Sweet pictures of the Color run. Glad we could see you for a bit the other day.