1. My sister Steph made a really exciting announcement on her blog today :) She's making me an auntie again ... this will be #16 for me and Luke, pretty exciting. She'll be making her (or his?) appearance at the beginning of February. Any suggestions for names?
2. It was my birthday last week. I'm 28, if you were wondering. Lucas is a dream, he got me tons of great camera stuff, including a new lens and a fancy bag ... now if only I was a really great photographer. Then we had dinner at Texas Roadhouse with some of our favorite friends, it was the perfect day. (thanks babe!)
3. I feel like I've mentioned how much I love Brandi Carlile here before ... she's just the most awesome. We got to see her last week at the Red Butte Garden Amphitheater, which was super cool. One of the best shows I've ever been to, and she made me cry when she played The Story. It's our song. Here's a lovely live version of it from her new album, Live at Benaroya Hall (which you can get for only $5 on Amazon.com this month!). Watch out! This song might make you cry.
PS Brandi likes girls (not that there's anything wrong with that), so there was some really great people watching. AND, Ivan & Alyosha opened for her. Maybe Luke's new favorite, and they're coming to Kilby Court next month if anyone would care to join us.
4. Has everyone seen this? It's incredible.
5. School started this week. I don't know how to express the joy felt by this. I can do anything I want in the mornings (except sleep in ... I have to drive one of the boys to school in Provo every morning at 7:20). It just feels so nice to get my office hours done in the morning again ...
6. 2 weeks from today we will be picking my baby brother at the airport. He's been serving a mission in the Philippines for the last 2 years and I am dying to see him! He's such a great missionary, and he would probably stay longer if they would let him, but I'm really excited to hang out with him. September 8th can't come soon enough!